Teaching and Research Staff
Dr Peter Kline
BA (Wheaton College), MDiv (Princeton Theological Seminary), MTh (University of Edinburgh), PhD (Vanderbilt University)
Academic Dean and Lecturer in Systematic Theology
St Francis Theological College
Peter Kline is the academic dean and lecturer in systematic theology at St Francis Theological College in Brisbane. His research focuses on negative/apophatic theology. Peter is also an artist, and his work can be found at:www.peterklineart.virb.com.
- THL113 Being the Church
- THL215 Jesus the Christ
- THL512 Contemporary Theology in a Global Context
- Passion for Nothing: Kierkegaard's Apophatic Theology. Fortress Press, 2017.
Articles / Chapters
- "Infinite Reduplication: Kierkegaard's Negative Concept of God," in Contemporary Debates in Negative Theology and Philosophy. Eds. Nahum Brown and J. Aaron Simmons.
- "Apophasis and Abasement: Writing Jesus with Soren Kierkegaard and Craig Keen," in Whistling in the Dark: Of the Theology of Craig Keen. Co-edited by Janice McRandal and Stephen John Wright. Eugene: Cascade, 2017.
- "'You Wonder Where The Spirit Went': Barth and Jenson on the Hiddenness of God," in Barth in Conversation, Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2014.
- "Absolute Action: Divine Hiddenness in Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling," Modern Theology. July, 2012.
- "Christ-Haunted Ohio: The Spiritual and Theological Vision of Over the Rhine," Koinonia. 2012.
- "Participation in God and the Nature of Christian Community: Robert Jenson and Eberhard Jüngel," International Journal of Systematic Theology. 2011.
Back to Staff listings